A friend gave me a card last night with this quote by Maya Angelou: “Life loves to be taken by the lapel and told, “I’m with you kid. Let’s go.”
That’s what happened last night. Rose and I took our combined vision and had a blow out grand opening party. It was exactly the right mix of great weather, people, food, wine, and art. We had way too much fun – my feet are killing me today! Beyond our wildest expectations.
I want to take a moment to thank a few people (I know I am going to forget someone, so I apologize in advance)
– All of our artists (you collectively “wowed” the crowd and I’m going to have a hard time not buying everything)
– Firecracker Marketworks (designers of our website – Judy and Lexi you did an amazing job with design and teaching me)
– JR General Services (the best general contractor and crew ever – even when I got names wrong!)
– Rokitmul (designers of our interior and exterior signs – Brian turned my jumbled ideas into something fabulous)
– Rustic Grain and Gravois Glass (whose combined efforts produced our spectacular barn wood doors, counter, and display cases)
– Found (supplier of the majority of our repurposed displays – Maggie, we love you)
– Lauer Architecture (for the idea to slant our wall and the endless drawings required for all of our permits)
LJ (my extremely talented sister for designing and redesigning our logo and space plus hours of painting, sanding, bossing me around and getting me addicted to Duck Dynasty)
– Our families (for your love, support, patience, and knowing when to hand over a piece of dark chocolate – we could not have done this without you)
We look forward to seeing you soon at 6161 Delmar. Our regular hours are Tuesdays – Thursdays from 11 to 7; Fridays and Saturdays from 11 to 9; Sundays from Noon to 6. We are closed on Mondays.
I’m going to go enjoy a well earned glass of wine and some football! See you soon